Saturday, February 23, 2013

Chocolate Avocado Pudding

This was supposed to be the greatest thing. When I saw the recipe, I thought, "This sounds exactly like what my life has been missing!" I was wrong.

Pardon my unedited photo.

This was such a disappointment. I have been loving avocados these days, and there is never a time when I don't love chocolate. But the two of them together is just not where it's at. It could be that I couldn't find any 72% cacao chocolate, but I'm not sure how big of a difference that would make in this particular recipe. Thank goodness I halved it!

Ugh, my heart. So sad.

Chocolate Avocado Pudding

4 ripe avocados
1/4 cup light coconut milk
4 tablespoons unsweetened dark cocoa powder
3 tablespoons honey
2 ounces of dark chocolate (72% or higher), melted
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt


Remove avocados from the skin (and pit) and place in a food processor. Blend until combined and creamy. Add in all remaining ingredients, blending until pureed, scraping down the sides when needed to combine. Taste and season/sweetened additionally if desired. Blend for a good 1-2 minutes until completely creamy, then serve with desired toppings.

No comments:

Post a Comment