Thursday, February 10, 2011

Nutella Biscuits

Okay. I'm making a promise: No. More. Substitutions.

Tonight's recipe was supposed to be a more complicated entree. But I realized that people are going to want to EAT that particular dish, and it's not one that will keep well as leftovers. Therefore, I once again defaulted to--sorry, Nat!--a Fabio Viviani *sigh* Recipeasy. Nutella Biscuits are simple and, in my opinion, would be fun for kids to do. (I've included the recipe below.)

I don't have much to say about the taste of these biscuits for 2 reasons: 1) they burned; and 2) I used half whole wheat flour because I ran out of all-purpose and didn't feel like going back to the store, hence the reason for my opening declaration. I'm positive they're great when done right, though. And maybe shave 2-3 minutes off the bake time, depending on your oven and baking pan.

Technically, this was my SECOND new recipe this week. On Super Bowl Sunday, I attempted Veggie Bites, which are shredded carrots, zucchini and potatoes rolled with flour into a ball, flattened into a two-bite patty and fried. Again, since I didn't do everything exactly like I should have, they didn't turn out well. And they weren't just sub par--they were terrible--masses of mush. I couldn't bear to record the mess in a photograph. 

Do I at least get an A this week for effort? :^/

Ingredients:
2 cup of Flour
2 tsp of Baking Powder
1 tsp of Salt
3 tsp of Butter at room temperature
4 tbsp of Nutella
3/4 cup of Milk

Directions:
1. Starting by combined all the dry ingredients
2. Add Butter and Nutella
3. Blend, then add Milk
4. Mix and place the Dough on top of a floured board and knead few times
5. Pat to 1 inch thickness and cut with Biscuits cutter
6. Place them in a oven tray Bake at 450 for about 15 minutes


This recipe can be found under Fabio's Recipeasy tab on www.fabiovivani.com

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'm certainly going to try Nutella biscuits. Yum! As far as the veggie bites go, I have tried to make something similar (from Paula Deen) and did it exactly like she said and they still turned into a mushy pile of greasy veggies.

    And yes, A for effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting..Nutella? Is that like the horrible salty stuff they eat? And I forgive you for all the Fabio recipes. I get it!

    ReplyDelete