Sunday, September 11, 2011

Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookie Bread

I'm baaaaack!

And since I took last month off to deal with some stress, I decided this month will be "Whatever the Heck Looks Good to Me Month" (because it takes the pressure off of trying to keep with a theme, and I don't care to have any extra pressure from something that's supposed to be fun)! Enter Chocolate Chunk Oatmeal Cookie Bread.



There is nothing extravagant about this recipe. The instructions are simple. The taste is fantastic, especially with just a little butter. My only regret is that I didn't have the optional "Sugar, Chocolate and Coffee Bean Grinder" topping from Trader Joe's. But mine didn't have it. :^{ So I used some Sugar in the Raw.

This is a very dense bread, which is why I love it. It is also VERY messy. I made a loaf with the intention of slicing it thin and serving it to my cast mates. (More on that here!) Instead, I had to slice it thick and then slice those in half lengthwise, so that the pieces didn't fall apart. I also think the raw sugar on top made it a little more difficult to slice, since it crunchied up the surface. But, I take comfort in the fact that my end result looks much the same as the original. Score! And whatever way you slice it, I highly recommend making this, at least once. (Definitely passes as dessert, though!)

No comments:

Post a Comment