Friday, November 11, 2011

Cherry Chip Brownies

No soup for you!!!

Er, rather, no soup for us. Well, me. (I'm the only one in the house who loves soup.) No soup for me this week, because I didn't plan enough ahead to make any. I did, however, get a wild hair to make brownies after seeing how the mister lit up when he saw a bag of cherry chips. And, actually, there will be no brownies for me, either, because those cherry chips make me wanna--um, you know. Bacaphooey.

I haven't made brownies from scratch before, so this is a legitimate post! I followed the easy recipe exactly, then folded in about a cup of cherry chips. Viola! Happy boys.


BEST BROWNIES

1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8 inch square pan.

In a large saucepan, melt 1/2 cup butter. Remove from heat, and stir in sugar, eggs, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat in 1/3 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup flour, salt, and baking powder. Spread batter into prepared pan.

Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not overcook.

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of cherry chips. I'll have to look for them at the store.

    ReplyDelete