Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Red Curry Hummus

I realize that this recipe isn't all that new, since all hummus uses basically the same base, but this one prepares the beans FIRST, which ended up making all the difference! So when my attempt to use up some ingredients in my fridge turned out so yummy, I had to blog about it.

I love this recipe. I still think there's too much tahini for my taste buds, but everything else is perfect. I even used Morton Light salt and it's fantastic. Love love love! I just wish I had some naan.


Red Curry Hummus

1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
1/4 cup lemon juice, fresh
2 tablespoons tahini paste
1 tablespoon red curry paste
1 garlic clove
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons parsley, fresh

Prepare Garbanzo Beans by using fingers to rub off as many of the paper membranes as possible. Bring Beans to a boil in salted water and cook for about 10 minutes. This process is tedious (and optional) but will result in very creamy hummus.

Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until creamy. If the consistency isn't quite to your liking, add additional teaspoons of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment