Saturday, April 14, 2012

Protocol Droid Pasta

Wanna guess whose idea this was? (It's supposed to resemble C-3PO, in case you can't tell. And if you don't know who C-3PO is, I applaud you.)


Kiddo had Spring Break this week, so since Friday is my day off, it was just him and me at home for a while. I asked him what he thought we should do, and he decided we should cook something together, but not just anything--something out of this Star Wars cook book. We eventually settled on Protocol Droid Pasta, which is very little cooking, mostly assembly. And I wouldn't consider this a kid's recipe, because there wasn't a whole lot I could have him do. But the end result sorta came out like it was supposed to, except for the fact that I didn't have any turmeric with which to dye the cauliflower yellow. And my pile of pasta wasn't shaped like a head.

As far as difficulty goes, there isn't any. And it tastes pretty simple, too. I ended up stirring in more pine nuts--rather than the two the recipe calls for--which added some texture and flavor.

I'm not going to be able to share this recipe, because it isn't available anywhere except for in the book, but I can tell you what's in it: tri-color spaghetti, chicken stock, parmesan, and cauliflower and pine nuts as garnish. Then then face plates are sourdough bread brushed with olive oil and dusted with garlic salt. Tada!

No comments:

Post a Comment