Monday, June 27, 2011

Bacon-Wrapped Asparagus with Citronette

I don't have much to say about this one. Logan wasn't around last week at all to help me with anything so I'm using a recipe I tried for Father's Day as my post.

Here's the recipe I wanted to make. I couldn't find any pancetta for it, though, so the asparagus didn't turn out like I hoped. (The difference between bacon and pancetta is that bacon is cut thicker and is smoked.) The bacon didn't wrap as tightly as the pancetta would have, especially since I blanched it to remove some of the smoke flavor. That also cooked it slightly, making it less malleable. It also meant they stayed on the grill a little longer than suggested, so that the meat was cooked thoroughly.


The good news is they tasted great, and the citronette added a fabulous element that I never would have tried on my own. So try these! So easy and yummy. (Just beware the effect of asparagus. It'll freak a person out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment