Thursday, July 28, 2011

Polenta Pie with Cheese and Tomato Sauce

And meat.


It was brought to my attention that that I have already done an Italian vegetarian polenta dish. This didn't necessarily bother me, but in order to please my readership--and eatership!--I added ground beef to this very simple recipe. And I'm glad I did because it made it a little less boring.

This recipe doesn't involve any cooking, really. It's another "easy assembly" dishes. I did this on purpose. In case you didn't notice, last week, I made NO new recipe. I broke my resolution! But honestly last week was so busy and I was sick and blah blah more valid excuses spew forth. I wanted to make up for it by getting 2 blog posts in this week, but that's not going to happen, either. Hopefully next week I'll finish out this month's theme with a yummy dessert, and then get a brand new theme started as well. *fingers crossed*

So, I found the recipe for Polenta Pie with Cheese and Tomato Sauce here, using foodily.com. I wanted something simple and savory, and this fit the bill perfectly. I'm sure someone with more time/chops could create this from scratch; however, it called for prepared polenta and tomato sauce--I chose Tomato, Garlic and Basil--so I went with it! And in true ME style, fudged the recipe a bit when I added a pound of ground beef. All I did was brown the meat with some Italian seasoning, fresh ground pepper and a pinch of salt. Then I added the meat to the sauce. The only thing that was just a little off was the bake time--3 fewer minutes might not have burned the cheese as much.


This is something I would make again. It's perfect for a potluck. :^}

No comments:

Post a Comment